- Frequently-asked Questions? Go to our FAQs Page
- Questions about the Kick Butts Day program? Contact the Kick Butts Day Team
- Technical website questions? Contact the Kick Butts Day web team
Increase Your Event’s Reach! Attract Media Attention
If you’re going to spend time and energy planning and organizing a Kicks Butts Day event, don’t you want people to hear your message?
Not only does press coverage help spread your message throughout the community, it also publicizes your event and can boost attendance. Moreover, it educates people about the issues you’re working on, inspires others to follow your lead and get involved in tobacco control, and catches the eyes of public officials who determine local and state policies.
Never worked with the media before? Don’t worry - we have all the resources you need to generate press coverage for your event!
When you register an event, one of our expert media coordinators will reach out, confirm your event details and help you attract media attention. On top of that, select events will be highlighted in a statewide news release!
We’ve also developed do-it-yourself resources for event organizers who want to reach out to local media:
- The Promote Your Event to the Media page explains how to tell local media about your event.
- Our February webinar focused on kicking butts through the media. Download the slides here.
- Our new media how-to kit includes tips for working with reporters and templates for writing a press release and a letter-to-the-editor.
Trying to get media coverage may seem difficult, but the headlines you’ll receive are worth the effort!
And when you make the news, we want to hear about it! Make sure to share links to the stories with the Kick Butts Day team by emailing email@example.com.Related Keywords: media,