- Frequently-asked Questions? Go to our FAQs Page
- Questions about the Kick Butts Day program? Contact the Kick Butts Day Team
- Technical website questions? Contact the Kick Butts Day web team
Create Powerful Visuals
Creating a powerful visual display can help people in your community realize the deadly consequences of tobacco use and the tactics the tobacco industry uses to market their products. Visuals can also attract media attention.
Use relevant statistics from your state or community to send a clear message about tobacco's deadly effects in a fatal figures activity, create tombstones or body bags display, or display tobacco industry quotes in a populated area.
- The larger and more colorful your display, the more people will see it and react. You can have members of your group stationed at your display, handing out information and calling youth to action.
- Provide context -- let visitors know who you area, what the visual is about and what they can do to take action and create change. You can have members of your group stationed at your display, handing out information and calling youth to action or set up an informational booth nearby.
- Send pictures of your display to a media outlet and/or an elected official with a description of how tobacco affects your community and ask for a policy change in your community (for example, a tobacco tax increase).
- The more people that see your display, the more of an impact it will have. Be sure to hold your event in a crowded area during a prime time when lots of people are walking around or centered to that location. You can scout out the area prior to Kick Butts Day to see if it's a good fit.
- Make the facts stand out. Be sure to have your display armed with facts from reliable sources. You want to provide the most accurate information you can get!
Find out how these visuals can enhance your Kick Butts Day event (Note: You need to log in to access these activities):