- Frequently-asked Questions? Go to our FAQs Page
- Questions about the Kick Butts Day program? Contact the Kick Butts Day Team
- Technical website questions? Contact the Kick Butts Day web team
What do you do with your PSA?
Update: PSA Contest entries need to be postmarked by Oct. 31, 2013.
You worked hard creating a great PSA, and you’ve submitted it to our contest. But what now? Time to show it off! The more people see your PSA, the more it can impact others and teach them about the harmful effects of tobacco.
A few ideas:
- Get it broadcast on TV: Thousands of local television stations across the country accept public service announcements (PSAs) promoting information for the public good. Check out these tips on getting your PSA onto your local TV station. (Most important: make sure you get in touch with the right person at your local TV station.)
- Share it on social media: You can also share you PSA though social media. You probably already uploaded your video to YouTube. Now identify some important people in your community (for example: local celebrities like radio hosts, politicians, or coaches) and tweet them a link to the video. Be sure to explain clearly and concisely what the link is for. Post your video on Facebook and encourage your friends to share it with their friends.
- Screen it at school: Get permission to host a “World Premiere” of your PSA after school, during a free period or even during your health class. Hang up flyers to advertise. At the screening, hand out free popcorn. Afterwards, take a few minutes to explain to the group how tobacco is harmful, and why they should get involved in Kick Butts Day.
Have questions? Shoot us an email KBDinfo@kickbuttsday.org. If you are successful in getting your PSA on TV, please let us know!Related Keywords: psa contest,