- Frequently-asked Questions? Go to our FAQs Page
- Questions about the Kick Butts Day program? Contact the Kick Butts Day Team
- Technical website questions? Contact the Kick Butts Day web team
PSA Contest – Entries Due October 31, 2013
It’s that time of year again!! The 19th annual Kick Butts day is coming on March 19, 2014! We’re kicking off the Kick Butts Day season with a month-long Public Service Announcement contest, starting now. Grab some of your classmates or a group of friends and get creative – we want you to speak up in the fight against tobacco.
All PSAs should be based on one of following themes:
- Send a message to Big Tobacco: The tobacco industry addicts nearly than 1,000 youth every day. The industry targets youth in the magazines we read, the movies we watch, even the stores where we shop. Let tobacco companies know they can’t target you.
- What’s in a cigarette?:There are over 47,000 chemicals in a single puff of cigarette smoke, and at least 69 of them are known to cause cancer. Many of these chemicals, like ammonia, can be found in everyday household products. It’s time to expose the truth behind these ingredients.
- A Push for Policy: Are you pushing for a smoke-free policy in your community or state? What about a tobacco tax increase? Whether you’re trying to pass a smoke-free law, tobacco tax, or other policy, a Public Service Announcement (PSA) is a great way to educate others about the importance of your policy.
- It Starts with Me: It only takes one person to stand out, speak up, and seize control against tobacco. How do you take a stand against tobacco?
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Entries are due by October 31, 2013. More information and official rules and regulations can be found here.
We look forward to seeing your Public Service Announcements and awarding your creativity!Related Keywords: activities, psa contest,